Lithuanian RDI Liaison Office LINO
The main aim of the Lithuanian Research Development and Innovation Liaison Office in Brussels (LINO) is to strengthen European research cooperation facilitating the successful integration of Lithuanian researchers into international research projects and to monitor, analyse and report on developments in EU research and innovation policy.
The activities of LINO office embrace, but are not limited to:
- Information exchange covering research and innovation policy issues as well as project opportunities
- Promotion of the Lithuanian RDI strengths and interests via active dissemination and targeted meetings, seminars, etc.
- Facilitation of interaction and networking with EU institutions and organisations.
LINO office is a member of an informal association of Brussels-based non-profit R&D Liaison Offices (Informal Group of RTD Liaison Offices, IGLO) from 27 European countries. IGLO aims to facilitate and enhance the interaction, information exchange and co-operation between Members of IGLO, their national research systems and the European institutions on issues related to EU RTD, in particular, the Framework Programmes.
LINO office is based at the Permanent Representation of Lithuania to the European Union. The activities were started in May 2017.
LINO office is a part of EU structural funds project „The internationalisation of Lithuanian research – the development of RDI links (LINO-LT)“ financed through the specific measure dedicated to strengthening the researchers capacities 2016-2020. The project is implemented by the Research Council of Lithuania. The project also provides financial support for:
- Participation of Lithuanian researchers in meetings with potential partners, info-days, brokerage events, consultation events,
- Targeted foreign researchers visits to Lithuanian research institutions,
- Short-term missions of research managers.