Joint Baltic Sea System Research Programme (BONUS) is a joint initiative of all countries situated around Baltic Sea, supported by European Commission. The main aim of this programme is to develop a strong cooperation across the region and consolidate the joint research effort on a macro-regional level in order to respond to a situation of Baltic Sea ecosystem, which is currently considered to be unsustainable in the long term because of complex, evolving regional and global policies situation as well as climate change and other factors.
The BONUS programme is based on the macro-regional approach, but it also draws from and complements the national marine research programmes of the participating countries. BONUS generates and disseminates knowledge and provides necessary know-how in support of knowledge-based governance and long-term solutions beneficial to the Baltic Sea region.
Lithuania is participating in the BONUS programme as a member since the very beginning of the initiative, through Research Council of Lithuania (represented by Prof. dr. habil. Eugenijus Butkus) and Agency for Science, Innovation and Technology. Other members of the programme include:
- Danish Agency for Science, Technology and Innovation, represented by Dr. Jette Nielsen
- Estonian Research Council, Represented by Maria Habicht
- FiRD Coop (Finland), represented by Dr. Laura Raaska
- Forschungszentrum Jülich Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH (FZJ-Bt.GmbH) (Germany), represented by Dr. Joachim Harms (chair)
- Latvian Academy of Sciences, represented by Dr. Maija Bundule (vice-chair)
- Foundation for the Development of Gdańsk University (Poland), represented by Dr. Andrzej Tonderski
- National Centre for Research and Development (NCBR) (Poland), represented by Dr. Leszek Grabarczyk
- Swedish Environmental Protection Agency, represented by Dr. Erik Fellenius
- Swedish Research Council for Environment, Agricultural Sciences and Spatial Planning (FORMAS), represented by Dr. Anna Ledin
For further information and assistance please contact senior specialist Audrius Žvikas, (+370) 52107396, email@example.com.